Type of entity
Old Elizabethans Association
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
- OE Association
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
1886 - present
The Old Elizabethans Association was formed in 1886 as an informal dining club. It took on its present form in the 1920s.
The aims of the Association are to further the interests of Queen Elizabeth's School and of its past and present members, and to promote social and sporting activities among those members.
Functions, occupations and activities
Members are kept in touch with activities, events, and developments by means of a newsletter.
The Association has been and continues to be involved in sporting activities such as cricket and golf, and is also affiliated with the Barnet Elizabethans Rugby Club. It has a long-term lease on the War Memorial Sports ground at Gypsy Corner in Mays Lane, Barnet, which was purchased by the Association in the late 1940s from its own resources, from donations from members and from monies remaining in its War Memorial Fund. The ground is administered by a limited company which is wholly owned by the Association.